Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Veal Scallopini With Grapes and Mushrooms
This recipe came from a member on my facebook recipe group I used to have, and she thinks it came from Recipe Zaar. I agree, it is simply scrumptious!
1 1/2 lbs veal cutlets (cut 1/4-inch thick about 10 pieces)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb button mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
1 large onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup marsala wine or sherry wine
1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in 1/2
1. Season veal with salt and pepper.
2. Mix flour, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a bowl; dust veal with the mixture; reserve the left over flour mixture.
3. In a large hot frying pan heat 1/2 the butter and 1/2 the oil cook the veal 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
4. Remove from pan and keep warm.
5. Add remaining butter and oil to skillet and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes stirring all the time; add onions and cook for 3 more minutes; add garlic cook 1 more minute; till golden brown; add Marsala wine simmer 1 minute.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the flour mixture over the mushrooms and onions stir in well.
7. Add beef stock, bring to boil and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Return meat and any accumulated juices to the pan.
9. Reheat 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Toss in the grapes just to coat.
11. Serve veal topped with sauce and mushrooms and grapes.
Can use same recipe for chicken..however use chicken broth.