Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pretzel Rolo Thingies

SO my husband went to a bake sale at work one day last year, and he bought these little "pretzel rolo thingies" as he called them. They were so delicious he said, so he bought more to bring home to me. Aww so sweet right? yeah well I am sure they were amazing. I didn't get any. haha. So he did his bast to describe what they were, and this is what I came up with. Pretty yummy if I do say so myself.



Basically, you take a small pretzel (the traditional twist kind or the waffle/grid kind) and put a rolo on top and a peanut m&m on top and put them in the oven till the rolo melts a little. My guess would be set the oven at 300 and it should take about about 3 minutes or so for the candy to melt. I would think you should put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. You could also use a pecan instead of the m&m and it would be like a turtle, or use an almond m&m. I suppose you could do these in the microwave too. You could also use a caramel filled Hershey's Kiss instead of the Rolo. I think they are cheaper. The possibilities are endless really. You might try it with a reece peanut butter cup too. You can just wait till they come out of the oven to put the nut or m&m on top if you are using something that's not flat on the top. Just put them on while it's still warm and squish it down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment