Friday, June 10, 2011

Veggie Pizza with Zucchini and Goat Cheese

I never seem to eat enough pizza, which is a shame, because I  love pizza. Veggie pizza is my absolute favourite. This was a throw together pizza because I didn't get home from dance rehearsal until late, and I needed to eat so I could go to bed. This was pretty darn delicious... or maybe I am just REALLY hungry :)

Veggie Pizza with Zucchini and Goat Cheese

One store bought thin crust pizza or flat bread. ( I used a PC flat bread here) Or if you are really ambitious (and I am not) you could make your own pizza dough.
Olive oil
Presidents Choice Tomato Pesto ( this is my new favourite pizza sauce/topping)
one small zucchini sliced thinly into rounds then halved
one green onion, diced
one plum tomato, thinly sliced
salt, pepper, basil, red chili pepper flakes or whatever you like
goat cheese

I like to do my pizza on the grill, but it was too late at night to be firing up the grill so I did it in the oven on my grill pan. It's basically a cookie sheet with holes in it. First this I do is heat the oven to 425, and put the grill pan in the oven to heat it up. While that is heating I brush the underside of the pre-cooked pizza crust or flat bread with olive oil. 
Heat up a skillet and when it is hot pour some olive oil in, and when that is hot, toss in the sliced zucchini with some salt and pepper.
Now the pizza grill pan should be good and hot, so you can put the crust in to warm and crisp up a bit on the bottom.
When the zucchini has softened a bit, sprinkle it with some basil and the diced green onion.
When the pizza crust has warmed up, take it out and spread some PC tomato pesto all over it., top that with some crumbled (more like mushed) goat cheese, then the zucchini/onion mixture, and top that with the sliced tomatoes. Pop that in the oven for a few minutes to warm the tomatoes and you are good to go.

Thanks for looking.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment