Saturday, July 30, 2011

Holly's Red Headed Sl*t

Passed on to me by my friend and fellow nail polish lover Holly. I think I may try this one this weekend. I was looking for a new drink for PeleeFest

1 oz jagermeister
1 oz peach schnapps
cranberry juice to taste depending on how strong you  like your shots.

I am going to go with the standard 'shake with cracked ice and strain' method here because I have never made it before and I usually prefer my drinks chilled.

FYI- when you want to chill a shot down, but not water it down, make sure you FILL the shaker with ice. Most people tend to use too little ice thinking that too much will water it down a lot when in fact the opposite is true. The idea is to cool down the drink very quickly thereby melting as little ice as possible. More ice in the shaker=a quicker cool down. Less ice takes longer to cool it, and melts more of the ice.
So fill that shaker up with ice, shake the bajeebuz out of it, and strain it into the appropriate shooter or martini glasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment