Friday, July 29, 2011

My new favourite pork tenderloin.

I love pork tenderloin. It is always good, often on sale, and usually inexpensive. I have various marinades and basting sauces I have used, and while we often do a tenderloin on the grill, this one is in the oven and requires no marinading ahead a time-Which is perfect for my procrastination habits. :)


My Favorite Pork Tenderloin

  • 1 pkg. pork tenderloins (2 tenderloins, about 2-2.5 lbs.)
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 T. country dijon mustard (whole grain mustard)
  • 4 T. honey
  • 2 T. fresh orange juice
  • 1 T. finely chopped fresh rosemary OR herbs de provence
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 3 T. olive oil
Yield: 1 cup of marinade.
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Take tenderloins out of package. Rinse and pat dry.
 Place in a 9x13-inch Pyrex sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Take a paring knife and poke holes in the tenderloins (on the top side only) about an inch deep. Peel garlic cloves and quarter each clove of garlic-lengthwise. If they're really big, cut them a bit smaller- about the size of slivered almonds. Place the garlic slivers in each pocket. Set aside while making marinade.

In a measuring cup or in a medium bowl, 
whisk together all the ingredients except for the olive oil. 
Then slowly drizzle the olive oil while still whisking.
Pour the mixture over the tenderloins and put into preheated oven. 
Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, basting once halfway through the baking process.
Once removed from the oven, allow the tenderloins to rest on a cutting board for about 10
minutes before slicing.            






You can see here that I actually overcooked it a little. It should be taken out of the oven at about 150 degrees, and left to rest, covered with tinfoil, on the counter for about 10 minutes, During that time the internal temperature will continue to rise and reach the optimal temperature of 160. My meat thermometer did not want to work, and I  overcooked it a tad. It should still be slightly pink in the center. It was still juicy though.

I served this with a zucchini vegetable concoction, and fresh corn on the cob.


                          

For the vegetable concoction, I cut up Zucchini, onion and garlic and stir-fry that in a little vegetable oil until it starts to brown a little, then I add diced tomatoes, basil or whatever spices I feel like at the time, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and a little salt and pepper.
I often top this with goat cheese or feta cheese on the plates.


Spoon a little of the pan sauce over the pork medallions after you cut them up.
Delish!!



2 comments:

  1. OMG. Who can resist to large slabs of meat?! Looks sooooo good. Oh and the veggies! I love that! I am sorry you have to sop up all this drool now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know right? I love pork tenderloin and this always turns out perfect.

    ReplyDelete